SUNNYVALE, CA — December 22, 2015 — Ruckus Wireless, Inc. (NYSE: RKUS) announced today that it was named a “Leader” in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise WLAN 2015-2016 Vendor Assessment, doc #US40653915, December 2015. Ruckus is the only pure-play wireless vendor in the leaders category. The IDC MarketScape cited the company’s “meteoric rise” to become the third-largest vendor, noting that “Ruckus is now regarded as a widely applicable enterprise solution” with a footprint across verticals including hospitality, education, retail, Smart City and carrier. The IDC MarketScape credits Ruckus for “best-in-class RF innovation” and cited “portfolio enhancements to expand both upmarket and downmarket,” including:
- Ruckus Unleashed™ and Xclaim™ access points for small business;
- The industry’s first to ship Wave 2 802.11ac access point (ZoneFlex™ R710 access point);
- The massively scalable Ruckus SmartZone™ management platform;
- Cloudpath™ software for security, policy and onboarding;
- One of the industry’s largest implementations of HotSpot 2.0 certification to support automatic Wi-Fi roaming;
- SPoT™ location-based services;
- SmartCell™ Insight wireless analytics for network and business intelligence; and
- Partnerships with Brocade and Juniper for best-in-class wired-wireless solution.
The enterprise WLAN market continues to see consistent growth and compelling innovation, These overarching trends overlap with unprecedented developments in wireless speeds, RF innovation, policy, security and wired and wireless interoperability, as well as a greater level of choice and flexibility. Organizations of all sizes, across segments and verticals, are increasingly shifting wired network workloads onto wireless as well as leveraging mobility to improve customer engagement and bring new applications and services to market. Ruckus has emerged as a compelling option to deliver wired and wireless solutions through its partnerships with Brocade & Juniper.
We’re thrilled that the IDC MarketScape has recognized Ruckus as a leader in the enterprise Wi-Fi market, Our mission is to deliver a simply better wireless experience with solutions that deliver flexibility and avoid vendor lock-in, and the IDC MarketScape’s recognition validates the hard work of our product, sales and customer service teams — and, of course, of our incredible network of 11,000-plus partners around the world.